FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The State of Fem Art Announces Formation of Advisory Board to Drive Impact for Women in the Arts and Tech
Bowie, MD – December 4, 2023 – The State of Fem Art (SOFemArt), a community-driven platform dedicated to uplifting women artists and amplifying their voices, is proud to announce the formation of its Advisory Board. Committed to furthering the mission of providing equitable and inclusive opportunities for women in the arts and tech, the Advisory Board will play a pivotal role in driving strategic efforts to achieve this goal.
For the past decade, SOFemArt has been at the forefront of promoting women artists through its 'SheROCKS' event programming, showcasing emerging talents and trailblazing pioneers in performing arts, tech, and design. Now, as the organization expands its mission to create pathways for artists to develop their careers and skills, the formation of the Advisory Board becomes critical to guide this transformation.
Founder of The State of Fem Art, Timea Faulkner, expressed the significance of the Advisory Board, saying, "The advisory board is critical to ensuring The State of Fem Art continues to progress forward as we amplify and resource women artists, especially those who are in spaces that generally don't foster their advancement or lack fair and inclusive opportunities for them to be successful. We want to do it right, and that requires bright minds in the industry to make sure we don't fall short of that mission."
The inaugural Advisory Board members bring a diverse range of experiences and expertise from various industries, including the arts, media and entertainment, tech, communications, nonprofit, finance, and higher education. Their collective knowledge and insights will be instrumental in guiding SOFemArt's strategic efforts to empower women in the arts and technology fields.
The inaugural Advisory Board Members include:
- Alexis Harris: A Senior Program Manager at Microsoft Corporation, where she supports the company's public sector Subsidiary, Microsoft Federal. She has years of experience in Information Technology and Business program management, with a great portion of her career spent supporting the country's defense community.
- Elita Fielder Adjei: An executive leader in publicity, media relations and corporate communications, Elita, has positioned powerhouse (public and private) Fortune 500 companies in entertainment, media, health care, and energy/logistics. She's provided media expertise to C-suite executives, developing and executing strategic communications for both global and matrix organizations including The Walt Disney Company (ABC Owned Television Stations, National Geographic), Kaiser Permanente, GAC Shipping, Aggreko, and more.
- Kudzai Taziva (Kudz): A recovering suit, aspiring creative, and dedicated technologist. His past experiences span from corporate roles at Apple and Microsoft to entrepreneurial endeavors as a start-up advisor, investor, and founder. Born in Zimbabwe and a self-described global citizen, Kudz currently supports professional creatives navigating the digital frontier as CEO of Social Crucifixion.
- Jaime Green: An Emmy Nominated and 3x Telly Award-Winning Writer, Producer, Director, and On-Air Host with more than a decade of experience in multimedia.Throughout her career, sheʼs produced content with some of the biggest stars in the film and music industries. As a former Multi-Platform Senior Producer, Assignment Editor, and Special Project Producer, Jaime is committed to illuminating diverse perspectives and paving pathways for the next generation of storytellers.
- Brittanie Thomas: A trailblazing leader with over fifteen years of experience in post-secondary education and the arts & culture sector. Coined, The Organizational Therapist, Brittanie's career includes a progression of leadership roles, such as administrator, counselor, operations manager, senior analyst, division-wide director, resident director, and most commonly, principal consultant. Dually, Brittanie is a professional recording artist with multiple published works. She also serves as the founding director of a family-led non-profit (501c3), The Better GiveBack Foundation, Inc.
The Advisory Board's expansion is ongoing, and its members are poised to play a crucial role in driving strategic efforts to improve operational resources and education for underserved artists in communities across the nation, ensuring equitable and inclusive opportunities and visibility for all women artists.
About The State of Fem Art:
The State of Fem Art (SOFemArt) is a community-driven platform of artists and advocates committed to resourcing & amplifying the voices and work of women artists. We do this by putting a lens back on raw talent, putting resources in the hands of artists, and putting the power of amplification back into the hands of fans to work towards a more equitable arts, entertainment, and tech industry.
For more information, please visit www.SOFemArt.com
For media inquiries, please contact: